Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Welcome to my blog

Greetings from San Diego where I am on extended vacation avoiding the Nashville winter and concentrating on my writing. We are three houses from the ocean. The good news is that it's a short walk to the beach - which the dogs seem to love. The interesting news is that cars pull up in front of the house, people wrap themselves in a towel, strip off their clothes - under the towel, and put on a wet suit to go surfing. That doesn't happen on Lynmont Drive back in Nashville.  
 
My second novel, Reasonable Degree of Certainty went to the publisher today and should be available from Amazon.com as an e-book, softcover, or hardcover within a couple of weeks. Why anyone other than my mother would buy the hardcover is beyond me, but I get a hardcover copy as part of my deal.
 
My first novel, No Cause for Shame, continues to get favorable responses. No Cause for Shame is the title of my blog, and the title of the charity run by one of my characters, Amibeth. From time to time I will let her rant on this page since real radios have trouble picking up her show and she deserves an audience. Some people have described her as being to survivors of abuse what Lance Armstrong is to survivors of cancer. Amibeth and I would like to take the opportunity to state that she did it without performance enhancing drugs and only with the benefit of the Brandenburg-Aaron Agency, which, if you have read the book, you will have to admit is a far far greater form of cheating.   
 
That's it for now. Buffy (the cocker spaniel) and Layla (the spirited shih-tzu) say "Hello." It's a tough life being a writer, but better than telling people that they have leukemia.

2 comments:

  1. Since I identify myself as a faculty member at Vanderbilt, I need to add that all opinions expressed in this blog are the personal opinions of the writer and do not necesssarily reflect those of Vanderbilt University or of Vanderbilt University Medical Center.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete